Lavender Flowers Sachets

Lavender Flowers Sachets
Wedding favors for Megan and Stephen's wedding

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Florals, Stripes, Rosemary, Quilts, Pots, Thread: My Mind After Coffee

It is somewhat cooler and our hibiscus plants are going crazy. Especially the white one. It is soooo hard to find white hibiscus. If you live somewhere and you have white ones, please let me know. I am working on muslin: Love muslin, with flowers sewn (handsewn by the way) on it. I have them everywhere. Wooden vintage signs, herbs in old pots, flower quilts, dried rose petals, and old wooden drawers for keeping anything and everything. I work off of an old antique desk and I catch myself wondering who worked off this before. It is a replica of Nepolian's desk. It is so beautiful and the way I ended up with it was: I was working as an assistant to a wonderful interior designer and she found this desk and made me drive to Dallas and pick it up and I let my salary go towards it for awhile, believe me. But, it was one of the best purchases I have ever made. It just makes you feel better working on something like that. Gotta get busy. Today I am working on old seed boxes. I love everything I do except, my other job at the prison, but I am retiring next November and I am living for that right now. Going to the country this afternoon to pick dried seed pods. I am land in the country and we just go there to walk it and that is all the inspiration you really need. Until next time: Seed boxes, muslin, sachets, clay pots, vintage fabrics, twine, bread bags, red thread, I really need to quit drinking coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment